Best of South-East
"Best of South East" is a scholarship-program initiated by the Steiermärkische Sparkasse, in cooperation with Montanuniversität Leoben, University of Graz, University of Music and Performing Arts Graz and TU Graz. It is a training and education program for talented and dedicated students from Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and North Macedonia.
The scholarship program lasts 12 months and includes at Montanuniversität Leoben:
- A scholarship of 750 € monthly for an entire year (sponsored by Steiermärkische Sparkasse)
- A scholarship for a 2-semester mobility program at Montanuniveristät Leoben (winter and summer semesters)
- A self-organized 2-month trainee program or internship (in July and August)
Scholarship-holders benefit greatly from the Best of South-East- program in multiple ways:
- Academic added value from studying at Montanuniversität
- Career facilitation through an international internship
- Enhancement of your chances on the job market through studying and working abroad
During the scholarship program events and informative meetings ensure that scholarship-holders are integrated into the economic, cultural and scientific life in Styria. In order to improve German and English language skills, language courses can be attended.
- Citizenship: Slovenian, Bosnian and Herzegovinian, Croatian, Serbian, Montenegro or North Macedonia
- Applicants must be enrolled as regular student in a university abroad or at Montanuniversitaet Leoben
- Applicants have to be at least in their third semesters of their Bachelor program
- Only applicants are accepted who are maximum 27 years old at the time of the application.
- Language skills in English (level B2) or German (level B2)
- Very good grades
- PhD students or Master students who want to write their Master thesis, require a letter of confirmation of a supervisor at MUL (our office can help you to find a supervisor at MUL).
Workload of scholarship: Scholarship holder has to complete 30 ECTS in the study year (2 semesters) at Montanuniversität.
Further details about the application procedure can be found here: Application Process