Conferences at the International Scientific Events 2018 in Bulgaria
We are pleased to invite you to participate in conferences, part of International Scientific Events 2018, to be held in Hotel Royal Castle, Elenite Holiday Village on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast (EU).
- Ecology & Safety, 27th International Conference (23-27 Jun
- Materials, Methods & Technologies, 20th International Conference (26-30 Jun
- Economy & Business, 17th International Conference (20-24 Aug)
- Education, Research & Development, 9th International Conference (23-27 Aug)
Representatives of over 300 universities, institutes, laboratories and other organizations from 64 countries took part in the events in 2017.
The papers presented will be published in open-access journals, part of International Scientific Publications.
Organized by Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Union of Scientists in Bulgaria, Science & Education Foundation and partners.
*Information about all the conferences, as well as registration can be found here
THE CARBON FOOTPRINT CHALLENGE IS BACK!
Prize money: 10.000 CHF (ca. 8.560€)
In order to tackle the challenges of climate change and the effects that go hand in hand with it we are looking for:
- New solutions that will lower the carbon footprint of manufacturing, industrial and product-related processes, across the entire value chain.
- All students, both bachelor and master, with creative, innovative and disruptive ideas.
- Teams of 3 to 5 people who wants to shape their concepts on a collaborative platform
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Phase1; ideas submission on the platform (March 19th – May 6th)
Phase2; ideas’ development with the experts’ help on the platform (May 10th – 25th)
Final Event; 2 days with coaching for finalist teams to polish their ideas (June 25th – 26th)
- Participants have a valuable chance to turn sustainability-related ideas into real business opportunities
- Using the online platform, participants are encouraged to collaborate and to provide and receive feedback to better develop their ideas.
- The finalist teams receive an expenses-paid trip to attend the Final Event in Switzerland.
- There, they will present their project in front of expert coaches and senior-judges from UNITECH supporting partners, having the chance to win the total grand prize of 10.000 CHF.
Visit our Facebook page!
PRAXISSEMINAR: Professionelles Risikomanagement an Hochschulen und Forschungseinrichtungen
16. - 17. April 2018, Berlin
- Finanzen und Drittmittel
- Korruptions- und Reputationsrisiken
- Infrastruktur, IT und Datenschutz
- Korruption erkennen und verhindern: Umgang mit verschiedenen dolosen Handlungen in der Praxis
- Risikoarten zusammenführen, Muster erkennen, Ergebnisse aufbereiten und kommunizieren
Bei Interesse, bitte kruzes Email an email@example.com und ich leite Ihnen gerne das gesamte Informationsemail inkl. Link zur Registrierung weiter.
CONFERENCE: RECY & DEPOTECH 2018
THE BIGGEST WASTE MANAGEMENT AND RECYCLING CONFERENCE IN AUSTRIA
th - 9
th, 2018 in Leoben
We want to advert to the following items of the agenda:
- Keynote lecture of Miss Prof. Verena Winiwarter with the topic " Die lange Geschichte der Altlasten – Umwelthistorische Einsichten für eine nachhaltige Zukunft (GERMAN lecture)" on November 7 th, 2018 – information‘s on page 18.
- Poster presentation on November 8 th, 2018 – information’s on page 38.
; early bird registration till
All information about the conference you can find on our website
SHORT COURSE: SIMULATION BASED FOOTBRINT OF TECHNOLOGY
- 15-17 May in Freiberg, Germany
- 27-29 May in Berlin, Germany
- Overview of concepts and introduction to cases to solved with the simulation tools
- Working out a case from EoL (End-of-Life) product to metal recovery
- Analysis of results and recommendation
More information here
CONFERENCE: FEMS JUNIOR EUROMAT 2018
The Main Event for Young Materials Scientists
- Budapest, Hungary
- July 8-12, 2018
- More information here
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT WEEK IN BELGRADE – ISWIB 2018
- DATE: 15-23 July, 2018.
- PLACE: Belgrade, capital of Serbia
- FEE: 150€, including: accommodation, food (3 meals per day), all workshop expenses, residential fee, a certificate and a T-shirt
- Content: Major theme: ‘’Take the Lead’’
10 workshops about burning issues of today's society with a focus on on entrepreneurship and sustainable development goals
>We especially encourage young people with disabilities, as well as members of other vulnerable groups, to sign up and participate
APPLICATION: 2 STEPS:
STEP 1: Fill in online application form
STEP 2: Skype interview
- Application Deadline: February 28th, midnight 23:59 PM CET (Central European Time).
- Interviews are held in March
An applicant should be a student or recently graduated person
He/she must be between 18 and 30 years old.
Summer University Prague 2018: Project Europe at a Crossroads
- Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic)
- September 8 – 22 2018
- 4 - 8 ECTS credits, depending on participant’s efforts
- For participation fee please see the homepage
- Application deadline: June 30, 2018
Earlier applications have better chances of admission
- For detailed information please see our homepage
THE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARS LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM (USLS)
- WHERE? United Nations, Bangkok in Thailand
- WHEN? August 1-7, 2018
- Target group: University students; young leaders of students unions/ associations/ clubs
Content: The USLS is a week-long Leadership Conference on social development for young leaders from all over the world.
The theme of the Symposium is “Inspiring Confidence, Inspire Change”. The delegates will have the opportunity to expand their professional network and meet representatives from numerous United Nations Agencies at the Symposium. Last year, 11 United Nations Agencies showcased their work during the inaugural three-day exhibition: UNDP, UNAIDS, UNFPA, UN-WOMEN, UNV, UNESCO, UN OCHA, UNHRC, UNESCAP, UNICEF and UN-Habitat.
Details to the participation fee can be found here
More information about the program, speakers and fees of the Symposium can be found here
“BRUSSELS, WE HAVE A PROBLEM – RETHINKING JUSTICE WITHIN THE EUROPEAN UNION"
- WHERE? Witten/Herdecke University, Germany
- WHEN? June 2018.
Content: The conference comprises keynote lectures by high-profile experts, as well as workshops to discuss and refine disciplinary competence. It also provides a nice atmosphere to get to know and connect with people from all over Europe. The courses cover a variety of perspectives on justice within the European Union.
· Students of all levels
· young professionals
· everybody being interested in the topic
- Registration is possible at: www.conference-witten.eu.
- Fee: Student 80€ / early bird 70€ ; Regular ticket 170€ / early bird 150€·
More information here
MUL interne Stiependien für internationale Studierende
Stipendium für Studierende bestimmter ausländischer Staaten und Gebieten / Scholarship for students who are citizens of a specific state or territory:
- Apllications should be submitted to Ms Elisabetz STABLER at the Rektor's Office
- Application deadline: 30. April 2018
- The requirements, the regulations of financial allocation and other information details can be found in the so called 'Mitteilungsbaltt': 51. Stück Ausgegeben am 21.02.2018 Studienjahr 2017/2018
ADOLF FEIZLMAYR Stipendium / Scholarship
- For full-time foreing students at MUL who are not citizens of an EU state
- One-off scholarship (einmalig ausbezahlt)
- Apllications should be submitted to Ms Elisabetz STABLER at the Rektor's Office
- Application deadline: 30. April 2018
- The requirements, the regulations of financial allocation and other information details can be found in the so called 'Mitteilungsbaltt: 52. Stück Ausgegeben am 21.02.2018 Studienjahr 2017/2018
LANGUAGE TRAINING WEEK for all university Staff - Spanish & English
- Intensive English
- Creative English
- CLIL English
- Intensive Spanish
- CLIL Spanish
- Seminar - Spanish & Culture: Barcelona in Literature
- Target group: all university staff
- Price: 350€ (price includes Courses, learning material, 2 afternoon activities)
- For further information and pre-registration, please contact us at StaffTraining(at)SpainBcn.com
- To find out more, please visit our web site SpainBcn.com
Linguistic Staff Training Coordinator
SpainBcn-Programs in Barcelona
Summer Schol Sustainable Construction – From Traditions to Innovations
- From August 19 till August 30 August, 2018
- In Riga, Latvia
- Students will attend lectures of scientists in the fields of civil engineering, architecture and physics
- Seminars will cover topics like preparation of scientific publications and practical implementation of sustainable construction principles
- Students will visit several enterprises and construction projects, for example, National Library of Latvia, ongoing projects in RTU Campus and industrial enterprises like «Knauf» and Latvian Wood Construction Cluster
- In addition, interdisciplinary teams will be formed to work with projects. Informal discussions will be held about the modern issues of formation in the field of sustainable construction, civil engineering and physics. The summer school is aimed to provide new generation of participants with the ability to develop interdisciplinary thinking.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 18, 2018
Fee: 700€ covers:
Accommodation in the student hostel of RTU
Meals (breakfast and lunch) and the social program
More questions? see website
or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Internships in the UK
ESPA is an online platform that helps students from the EU to find interships in the UK. ESPA will not charge you any fees for finding your placement. They look for growing businesses in the UK who will take you and your skills seriously.
Green Tech Jam 2018
WANTED: Designers, developers, engineers, environmental system scientists and all other students interested in green tech
GREEN TECH JAM - Interdisciplinary student hackathon: “Code & Concept for Green Tech”
9th and 10th of March 2018 @ TU Graz, Campus Inffeldgasse, 8020 Graz
Come and join us at the GREEN TECH JAM hosted by TU Graz (Interactive Systems and Data Science, Johanna Pirker) and Green Tech Cluster Styria (Bernhard Puttinger). The results will be presented in 10 minutes pitches in front of a professional jury. Prize money of € 9.000 will be divided between the best 3 solutions!
Where can I stay in Graz?
For students from further afield (Vienna, Linz, Innsbruck, etc.) accommodation will be provided!
USA: Scholarship Program for PhD students or post-doc students
at Johns Hopkins University’s School of Advanced International Studies, Washington, DC
- 5.000USD / month
- 1 Academic Year Fellowship for a nine (9) month period from September 2018 to May 2019
- 2-3 Short Term Fellowships for an in-residence period of between 1 and 3 months
More infos here
9th INTERANATIONAL CONFERENCE ON NEW HORIZONS IN EDUCATION
- WHERE? Paris, France
- WHEN? July 18-20, 2018
- WHO? Scholars, researchers, educators, students, professionals
- What? Prospective presenters are encouraged to submit proposals for oral, poster and video presentations that offer new research and theoretical contributions in the field of education
- Host: Association of Science, Education and Technology (TASET), Governors State University and Sakarya University.
All accepted papers will be published in the Proceeding Book. All English papers will be published in TOJET ( www.tojet.net) as a Special Issue. TOJET is indexed on Scopus and ERIC. Modified version of selected papers will be published in peer reviewed journals such as TOJNED and TOJDEL.
- You can submit your abstract through http://www. int-e.net or email at: inteconferences(at)gmail.com
- For our all conferences please visit TASET at http://www.taset.net
- Proposal & Abstract Submission Deadline: Until July 13, 2018
- Full Paper Submission : Until August 20, 2018
- Registration: Until July 13, 2018
China Know-How Summer School 2018
ONE MONTH CLOSE CHINA EXPERIENCE
- August 17 – September 15, 2018 Beijing, Shanghai
- WWW.UNI-SALZBURG.AT/CHZ OR WWW.EURASIAPACIFIC.NET
- Lectures on culture, politics, law, history, economics, environment and intercultural communication and other interesting topics
- Guest lectures
- Visits to international joint venture companies
- Excursion and sightseeing sessions
- 2.900,- Euro (excl. flight). The aforementioned costs can be seen as appraisals and serve as a reference point. Changes of overall costs are subject to change due to (among other reasons) currency fluctuations.
PPOSSIBLE SCHOLARSHIP (apply at MIRO)
Please contact christina.cresnik(at)unileoben.ac.at for PDF information brochure and application form
INTERNATIONAL BROWN COAL MINING CONGRESS
“BROWN COAL TODAY AND IN THE FUTURE”.
Location: Poland, Bechatów
Date: 16 to 18 April 2018
Come as listener or/and prepare a scientific paper of your authorship that will be published in the COLLECTION SCIENTIFIC PAPERS and will be posted on the Congress website.
The International Brown Coal Mining Congress is one of the largest mining industry events in Poland, attended by scientists from many universities, business leaders, economists and representatives of banks and insurance companies from Poland and abroad. The topics discussed during the Congress will be devoted to the broadly understood mining industry, including, energy security and modern technologies used in the mining industry.
Congress meetings will enable not only to exchange of experience and views of participants of different backgrounds but also give an opportunity to establish new business contacts!
- Registration form and guidelines for the academic paper can be requested at: email@example.com
- For more detailed information please contact: Ms Kowalska Anna - Anna.Kowalska@gkpge.pl
LEAP Summit 2018
- Zagreb, Croatia
- 15th till 17th of March, 2018
What you can expect from LEAP Summit 2018?
- 60+ world-renowned speakers from various industries
- Thousands of people from more than 30 countries
- Parallel stages and program, so you can always find something useful for yourself
- Amazing networking opportunities
- Internship opportunities, hackatons, workshops, crazy sessions, competitions
- International party program during LEAP nights
Participation at LEAP Summit is free of charge for all selected applicants
- You can apply here
For more information, please check:
For additional questions feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School in Mexico
English Courses for Academics
The ZSBK of Montanuniversitaet provides academics with the necessary tools to continuously enlarge their scope of courses held in English. The success of recent years has shown that this advanced education programme is particularly appreciated.
In our courses you can
· share and find solutions to Teaching & Learning challenges
· connect with other faculty members
· discover and participate in engaging teaching and learning events
The ZSBK-team is looking forward to seeing you in class!
Erasmus+ Sonderzuschüsse für Studierende und Dienstnehmer der MUL
Erasmus möchte es jeden ermöglichen eine Auslandserfahrung zu machen und unterstützt daher
Studierende, sowie Dienstnehmer der MUL mit Behinderung oder chronischer Krankheit &
Studierende mit Kindern mit Sonderzuscchüssen!
Nähere Informationen finden Sie hier.
Oder im Beratungsgespräch im MIRO mit Ihrem Outgoing Mobity Coordinator ; Beratungsgespräche bitte nur auf Termin: email@example.com
- Your chance for a semester in a dream destination around the world!
- Ge4 is an international non-profit network of universities
- Ge4 network comprises of over 60 engineering and business universities: Europe, Asia, Latin America, North America, Australia and New Zealand, Africa and Russia (Link to Ge4-partner universitites)
- Full tuition fee waiver for one semester (keine Studiengebühren)
- Financial support through the MUL Study Abroad Grant (Asulandskostenzuschuss-AKZ)
- Develop new skills
- Grow your professional network
- Increase your employability
- Target university = member of Ge4 network
- Bachelor /Master /PhD Student
- Good command of English language
Select potential host university (3 choices recommended)> Fill out Ge4 application form > Hand in application form at MIRO > MIRO gets in touch with Ge4 > Ge4 reviews application and distributes it to host university > information about the application statues and further steps
Deadline: Sept 1, for SS / July 7 for WS
Information session can be arranged at: outgoing(at)unileoben.ac.at
- Ge4 network will not cover living expenses, accommodation, and flight tickets
- MU Leoben students may receive a MUL Sudy Abroad Grant (Auslandskostenzuschuss-AKZ)
- Zielgruppe: engagierte DoktoratsstudentInnen
- Förderart: Auslandsstipendium
- Dauer: 6 bis 12 Monate
- Stipendienbetrag: 1.500 Euro pro Monat
- Einreichtermine: 1. Februar, 1. September
- Altersgrenze: keine
Kurzerklärung des Programms
Das Marietta Blau-Stipendium des Bundesministeriums für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Wirtschaft (BMWFW) unterstützt die Absolvierung eines Teils (6-12 Monate) eines in Österreich durchgeführten Doktorats- / PhD Studiums im Ausland. Es dient der inhaltlichen Optimierung von Dissertationen durch einschlägiges Auslandsengagement und fördert als Zielgruppe insbesondere den wissenschaftlichen Nachwuchs.